outdoor.case type 5000 - the perfect outdoor case for professional photographers
Available in three colors
Black, yellow, and orange
Airworthy thanks to automatic air pressure equalization valve
The valve equalizes the pressure inside the case, protecting contents and case
Made of extremely rugged polypropylene (PP)
Protects valuable contents in any situation
Versatile, convertible, and absolutely rugged: This is the type 5000
The outdoor.case type 5000 is an outdoor case that truly leaves nothing to be desired. Specially designed to meet the needs of professional photographers, it dependably protects highly sensitive equipment such as cameras, lenses, flashes, batteries, and memory cards while also being handy, compact, and easy to transport. The extremely rugged polypropylene shell absorbs impacts easily without the contents being damaged. Since the best photo opportunities are found all over the world, the type 5000 comes with an automatic air pressure equalization valve, making it a loyal companion even when traveling by air. We at B&W believe in the high quality of our cases, which is why the type 5000 also comes with a 30-year warranty.
All features at a glance
- Extremely sturdy case: shell made of polypropylene (PP)
- Certified under STANAG 4280, DEF STAN 81-41, and ATA 300
- UN Certificate of Approval possible on request
- Waterproof (IP67 rating)
- Temperature-stable from -30 °C to 80 °C
- Airworthy: automatic air pressure equalization valve
- Two eyelets for padlock (Ø 7 mm)
- Inner dimensions: 430 x 300 x 170 mm | 16.9 x 11.8 x 6.7 inch
- Outer dimensions: 470 x 365 x 190 mm | 18.5 x 14.4 x 7.5 inch
- Weight: 2.9 Kg | 6,39 Ib
- Volume: 22.1 L
- Rubberized grip
- Optional lift-off hinge for a removable lid
- Extensive interior options: empty, with pick-and-pluck foam and egg crate foam in lid and/or with variable divider system
- With optional shoulder strap
- Optional backpack system
- Optional mesh pocket
- Built-in frame
- Compatible with B&W wall mount
- 30-year warranty
- Available in three colors: black, yellow, orange
The case in detail.
Extensive accessories: shoulder strap, backpack system, mesh pocket, mounting frame, and wall mount
No matter how the type 5000 is used, its extensive accessories make it ready for any situation. Traveling photographers, for example, can conveniently transport the type 5000 and all of their equipment by attaching the backpack system. An optional shoulder strap that can be connected to the outdoor.case in a second also provides additional carrying comfort. For working at a comfortable height and securing the outdoor case in place, the type 5000 is compatible with B&W’s wall mount. Other accessories include a mesh pocket and a lid pouch. The type 5000: an outdoor case without limits.
Waterproof, temperature-stable, and airworthy: This case can really do it all
The extremely rugged polypropylene shell is not only impact-resistant and scratchproof, it is also dustproof and even protects the contents when submerged in cold water for brief periods. Whether hot or ice cold, the type 5000 is ready, since it can withstand temperatures from -30 °C to 80 °C without difficulty. The automatic air pressure equalization valve makes air travel possible: The valve opens/closes as soon as there is a change in atmospheric pressure, equalizing the pressure inside the case to protect both shell and contents.
Black, yellow, orange: Which color shall it be?
Aside from the classic black, the type 5000 comes in yellow and orange for those who want a splash of color. The outdoor case has different interior options depending on your need:
- With precut, removable pick-and-pluck foam in main compartment and egg crate foam under lid
- With padded insert made of washable nonwoven fabric in a variable divider system for main compartment and egg crate foam under lid
A (A1): 18.5 inch / 470mm
B: 14.37 inch / 365mm
C: 7.48 inch / 190mm
A (A1) inside: 16.93 inch / 430mm
B inside: 11.81 inch / 300mm
C inside: 6.69 inch / 170mm
D (lid) inside: 1.77 inch / 45mm
E (bottom) inside: 4.92 inch / 125mm
Do you need assistance?
For questions about our products, we are happy to help you with advice and support.